Protection Throughout Production
Metal Detectors and X-ray Scanners for Textiles & Nonwoven
CASSEL Inspection shares in your goal of ensuring complete quality and providing accurate, sensitive, reliable metal detectors designed to address the unique challenges of manufacturing nonwoven products.
A range of CASSEL inspection solutions for the Textiles and Nonwovens industry
When it comes to detecting and eliminating metal or other foreign bodies in nonwovens one size does not fit all. Metal detectors sometimes are used to screen the incoming fibers prior to production to eliminate unclean raw materials. Or a lower cost, lower sensitivity web detector may be acceptable in less critical applications. Or in many cases although the materials used to make a particular product were free of metal, the end producer of those products will screen the finished products using a metal detection system. In all these cases CASSEL has complete, robust solutions to help.
Metal Shark® COMBI Metal Detector
Our METAL SHARK® COMBI metal detector can help you achieve complete quality while protecting your equipment and increasing your production efficiency. The 1-7 m wide detector with overlapped 365 mm segments guarantees for 100% coverage of your materials.
The COMBI detector represents hours of careful design with one goal in mind: reliable detection of the smallest metal possible.
Drawing from our experience developing proven solutions for metal detection in the food and pharmaceutical industries, the COMBI exceeds what other metal detectors can by providing the nonwovens industry through reliable accuracy, industry-leading sensitivity, and thoughtful design.
Conveyor systems for a wide variety of final Nonwoven-based products
Based on our most popular METAL SHARK BD detector with the same electronics as the COMBI but including a dedicated control panel. Typically used with final discrete packages, available in many aperture sizes for optimum performance and thousands of conveyor configurations to fit any production line.
CASSEL inspection solutions for the Textiles and Nonwovens industry
Horizontal systems based on METAL SHARK GF design for fast flowing bulk materials . Same electronics as the COMBI but includes a dedicated control panel.
- Includes detector, product pipe and airtight pneumatic reject valve
- Available in several pipe sizes best fit to your product flow
- Optional output tube extensions for correct rejection with faster product flows
- Simple disassembly for cleaning and maintenance
- Reject verify sensor optional
- Antistatic tubes optional when required
Single element detectors for the web
- Cost effective Metal Shark FL (FLat) design for narrow webs or lower sensitivity applications
- Detector available in wide and compact versions to fit just about anywhere
- Same electronics as the COMBI but includes a dedicated control panel
- Rejection data saved in X direction only (direction of product travel)
- Can be mounted rigidly or on angle adjustable fittings
- For higher sensitivity or thicker products rectangular apertures can be used (see below)
(Include image of the FL flat and rectangular apertures. Control panel image of any kind?)
X-ray scanners for Nonwoven based materials
Especially nonwoven materials that are used for all kinds of hygienic products. They have to be particularly safe to use. CASSEL x-ray systems can detect even the smallest metal pieces as well as imputiries of other material like glass, ceramic or certain kinds of plastics.
All METAL SHARK detectors
Maximize yield and on-time shipments by seamlessly integrating inspection data into your process
- Key inspection parameters like metal signal amplitude and date/time are available by segment (x) and position (y) for later use during slitting/rewinding or at the end customer site.
- Data is saved in an SQL or ODBC database format for easy input to other production control systems. It can also be available to print a label to affix to each roll.
- When required data output can be customized for your particular need or integrated into other inspection data such as that from vision inspection systems*.
*data output available that automatically sends results to the ISRA vision SMASH system
The reliable accuracy provided by the COMBI detector saves you time by avoiding false rejects and eliminating the need for labor-intensive recalibration.
- Direct digital signal synthesis means higher precision due to low noise, no drift and easy maintenance and repair.
- Leading-edge technology provides the highest level of protection with almost no user intervention.
- Continuous auto-calibration and balance deliver stability over time.
Beginning with industry-leading design that delivers high sensitivity and reliable accuracy, the COMBI detector is proven in real-world nonwoven mill environments.
- 1-7 m wide detector with overlapped 365 mm segments for 100% coverage of your materials
- Angle adjustable sensor floor stand for easy mounting and fine tuning
- Control cabinet with a controller per segment for complete access and adjustment of each segment independently
- TCP/IP ethernet connection to a PC running SHARKNET software for central control room configuration and monitoring
- Direct Digital Synthesis – fully digital and 100% self-calibrating delivering the highest level of reliability possible
- Detailed data output for each detection automatically stored in an SQL or ODBC database for easy analysis and integration into downstream processes
Exceed customer quality and safety expectations by locating and digitally tagging the smallest metal contaminants possible.
- The overlapped segmented approach utilizing many smaller, high sensitivity detectors maximizes performance and eliminates all blind/weak spots.
- Direct digital signal synthesis means higher precision due to low noise, no drift and easy maintenance/repair.
- All segments operate at the same frequency with no interference between them.
- A digital band pass filter tracks the web speed and removes all noise signals outside the detection envelope improving sensitivity.
- Continuous auto calibration and balance for stability over time
- The result of this thoughtful design and overall quality is the Combi delivers the best sensitivity possible in real-world environments.
METAL TYPE MINIMUM DETECTION LEVEL*
Ferrous metal >= 0.5 mm
Non-Ferrous metal >= 0.7 mm
Magnetic stainless steel >= 0.6 mm
Non-magnetic stainless steel >= 0.9 mm
*results can vary by application but can be accurately predicted via a performance test
Protecting your production through careful, sensitive design
You create the materials that clean, clothe, and protect both consumers and professionals. And in today’s critical nonwoven markets, high quality and complete safety are crucial. Source materials must be clean and the production process cannot introduce contaminants that may end up in product such as wipes, diapers, masks, PPE, or fabric for cars and furniture. Even the smallest imperfections could result in missed shipments, rework, scrap or even recalls — presenting safety concerns and damaging expensive equipment and customer relationships in the process.
Assuring the purity of your raw materials and finished product through metal detection protects your investment, your reputation, and your customers. Early, reliably accurate detection of contaminations can also alert you to potential problems with your processing equipment, helping you avoid costly downtime and protecting the integrity of your entire production line.
With over 20 years of experience working with nonwoven manufacturers around the world, CASSEL Inspection understands the nonwoven production environment. We provide metal detection equipment that can add protection to any stage of production, from incoming raw materials to finished stock.
Custom-designed for your production line, CASSEL Inspection equipment integrates smoothly into your existing setup, increasing operational efficiency while providing another layer of protection and quality assurance.
Protecting your production through careful, sensitive design.
CASSEL Inspection has been designing and manufacturing metal detectors for 25 years and has thousands of units installed globally. Our sales, service and support engineers have extensive experience in a very broad range of applications making us an ideal partner to help you protect your nonwoven material and product output.
Contact CASSEL Inspection to learn more about how we can help protect your nonwoven production operation from start to finish.