Metal detection for free-falling products
METAL SHARK® GF
- Reliably detects metals in free-falling goods
- Simple assembly due to mounting frame and quick release rings
- Highest sensitivity with 4-quadrant technology
Autocalibration and TeachAssistant for intuitive control and easy installation
- Maintenance-free through automatic balance and calibration control
- ATEX-version for use in explosion endangered environments
- BRC-Kit option: Conformity with the Global Standard of the British Retail Consortium (BRC) for food safety
The METAL SHARK® GF (Gravity Feed) is used for pipelines with free-falling products to detect metal contamination in continuously flowing granulates or powders such as sugar, flour, grain or even plastic granules.
The sensitive sensors detect the smallest metal contaminants, and fast-switching separation flaps discharge them directly from the product stream during ongoing production.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions
2 analog 0…10 V DC (option: 4-20 mA)
8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for reject confirmation
2 floating: “error” and “metal”
8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for metal or acoustic alarm
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel operation, symmetrical receiver coils
Ferrous, non-ferrous (e.g. aluminium or copper) und stainless steel
Memory for up to 250 products, automatic product compensation, with TeachAssistant
IP65 (optionally IP66)
Environmental conditions for controller
-30°C to +40°C / -22°F to 104°F, UL version: -20°C to +40°C / -4°F to 104°F,
rel. humidity 20% up to 90% (non-condensing)
Option: -40°C / -40°F or +55°C / 131°F
Environmental conditions for sensor
-30°C to +60°C / -22°F to 140°F
Option: up to +90° C / 194°F
Temperature of goods inspected
Standard: -30°C up to 55°C / -22°F up to 131°F
Option: -40°C / -40°F or up to 120°C / 248°F or up to 180°C / 356°F
One phase 110-230 V AC, typ. consumption 20 W (max. 60 W)
RS232, provides documentation according to HACCP- and IFS-standard, USB- or ethernet option
Maintenance-free, selfcalibrating sensors
Integrated diagnostic software, automatic self-test
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® GF can be perfectly adapted to your production by various special designs and accessories. Different temperature or hygiene requirements are taken into account as well as complicated product requirements for metal detection or the environment (ATEX).
The SHARKNET® software connects METAL SHARK® metal detectors with a central computer, providing centralized storage of all operating data plus batch and alarm documentation for HACCP and IFS compliance.
BRC-Kit for a fail-safe system according to the guidelines of the British Retail Consortium with metal detection alarm, product counter, product jam monitoring, required covers, rejection system as wel as monitoring of container (container full), air pressure of the reject system and reject functionality.
High temperature extension for product
Product temperature up to max. +120°C, with this option the sensor has protection class IP54.
Increase of the IP protection class by adapting the sensor seal, installing additional seals and a double housing for the control electronics.
Signalling devices (optical/acoustic)
Stacking lights and signal horns/sirens available in different versions and IP protection classes.
Version for use in potentially explosive environments possible, ATEX zone 22.
Compressed air monitoring
Reports an error if the air pressure is too low for the functionality of the reject flaps.
Warns if the reject flap has not switched correctly after metal detection.
Flap position monitoring
Monitors the flaps for complete switching to the good or not good position.
Check & Catch
Material for simple functional testing, consisting of an insertion flap, through which spherical test specimens can be inserted into the pipeline, and a catchment grille for the test specimen including removal flap.
Functional test that does not require opening the product pipelines: Test pieces (FE/NFE/VA) are moved with compressed air through a separate test tube. The control unit indicates which sphere sizes are to be tested. Incl. push button for FE, NFE and VA testing, pneumatic valve, test specimen.
Test balls, diameter 25 mm made of plastic POM, with embedded metal ball made of iron, brass and stainless steel, certified ball size, metal type and certificate number are embedded in the test ball.
Performance Verification Cerficate
Issue of a Performance Verification Certificate (proof of functionality for audits) by CASSEL service technicians, e.g. during commissioning or maintenance.
METAL SHARK® GF metal detectors are built into gravity feed pipelines to monitor for unwanted metal contaminants in continuously flowing granules or powders, such as sugar, flour, corn meal or spices. As bulk material flows through the metal detector, the reject flaps promptly separate even the smallest metal contaminants from the product stream.
METAL SHARK® GF (Gravity Feed) is specifically designed and constructed for the food industry and its requirements. It is enclosed in 100% stainless steel housing, product touching parts are made according to FDA food grade quality standards. The maintenance-free design and high-quality construction ensure reliable operation even next to vibrating machines, in hot or explosion-endangered areas (ATEX zone 21 and 22 versions available).
METAL SHARK® GF can log in to the SHARKNET® for documentation and reports according to HACCP, IFS, GMP and BRC.
- 100% stainless steel for stable design and easy cleaning
- FDA conformity
- reminds you of regular tests, so you’ll meet the HACCP and IFS requirements
- very low installation height (suitable for small rooms)
- quick and easy installation
- self-calibration and digital training assistant
- ATEX zone 21 and 22 versions avialable
- ready for SHARKNET® software for complete documetation meeting HACCP, IFS, GMP and BRC requirements
Metal Detection Levels:
METAL SHARK® GF:
- ferrous: 0.5 – 4.6 mm
- non-ferrous: 0.7 – 5.8 mm
- stainless steel: 0.8 – 6.9 mm
METAL SHARK® GF compact:
- ferrous: 0.7 – 2.6 mm
- non-ferrous: 1.0 – 3.2 mm
- stainless steel: 1.1 – 4.1 mm
The detection levels strongly depend on the individual detectors construction, the products flow rate and of course the pipes diameter. For a detailed list please see the specifications sheet.
- Reject EX-S: Standard reject type for most products. Very fast switching, so it works properly even with high product speeds.
- Reject EX-P: Standard reject for fine and powdery products, a sealing flap prohibits leakage.
- Reject EX-K: The EX-K reject system is similar to EX-P but with more sturdy mechanics to withstand the challenges of abrasive products and constant wear.
- Reject EX-CB: Particularly suitable for the absolutely residue-free discharge of very fine contaminated granules and powders.
- Reject EX-R: Specially designed for very rough products e.g. stones or gravel.
- Reject EX-D: Standard reject for pipe systems doing the product transportation by air pressure.
Reject EX-A: Similar to EX-D, but holding constant pressure inside the whole pipe system while rejecting contaminated products.
- white PVDF (with FDA)
- black antistatic pipes (with FDA)
- ceramic and others.
Further information for download:
Information about the sensitivities can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.