The METAL SHARK® RECT is made for the rough industrial applications of the wood yard. Designed for detection operations of big products, such as wood logs or paper bales. The machine is typically installed in a U-trough shaped conveyor with a flat belt, as well as in specially prepared vibration conveyors.
Features & Benefits
- rugged and sturdy design, vibration proof
- high metal sensitivity
- short metal free zone
- stainless steel housing provides total shielding against transient influences that cause false/nuisance tripping
- maintenance free and easy to use electronics
- system ‘learns‘ the products and automatically compensates disturbances by different species, moisture or similar effects
Width & Height:
- aperture width: 800 – 6,600 mm (2,6 to 22 ft)
- aperture height: up to 3,000 mm (10 ft)
Other sizes on request.
Metal Detection Level:
Depending on the individual model and sensitivity settings, metal parts down to the size of ??? are detectable.
Permitted belt speed: —
Ambient temperature: -40°C to +40°C (extended range)
Product temperature: —
- Dust protected: Ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment.
- Splashing of water: Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect, utilizing either an oscillating fixture (for 10 minutes) or a spray nozzle with no shield (for 5 minutes minimum).
Indoor or outdoor installation, protects against rain, sleet and windblown dust; in addition, external mechanisms remain operational despite ice deposits
Standard: METAL SHARK® 2A-controller
- digital dynamic noise filter, digital balance control, digital frequency control
- quick teach assistant and memory of 120 products
- self monitoring of all functions, Performance Validation Software (PVS test) automatically notifies the operator when testing is required
- PowerDrive circuit
- EMI Spectrum Analyser
- single frequency is standard, multi-frequency is available
- key internal electronics are fully protected and reliably perform in even the most challenging wet or dry environments
- 8 free configurable 24V DC for further options like reject confirmation, air pressure monitoring or converor belt control
- 2 potential free: “Metal” and “Error” (dry contact)
- 8 free configurable 24V DC for further actions, e.g. optic/acoustic alarm, switch magnetic valve for pushers
METAL SHARK® RECT can also be delivered with a METAL SHARK® 1 controller.
Fields of Application:
- wood yards: hole trunks, wood scraps, chips etc.
- paper industry
- wooden furniture